Friday, July 29, 2016

Travel FAQ: Things you never thought of asking which you may find relevant one day.

Hello guys! So here I am at Changi Airport, currently the World's Best Airport for the fourth consecutive year and counting, accordi...

Hello guys!

So here I am at Changi Airport, currently the World's Best Airport for the fourth consecutive year and counting, according Skytrax's World Airport Awards.

And...my flight's delayed. Yeah I'm going to Perth for the weekend and I found out at 2 am that my afternoon Scoot flight would be delayed by 3.5 hours.
(Via Wikia).

Yeah it sucks, but such is life. Anyway, might as well make the most of it. I've had lunch, I've drunk my Coke Light, and here is a short blog post on...

#1 Engagement rings don't set off the metal detectors.

Sorry. I am a bit swaku when it comes to this but you see, this is the first time that I've been engaged. I never had to have to travel with a ring before. Or at least a good quality one. Have you seen the diamond ring I bought myself when I was single?
Hand model: My sister.

Yeah I know. I'm a class act. Luckily! James came along and bought me a ring which destroys manicures. So you know that my ring is solid and of good quality. And if that doesn't set off the metal detectors at customs, then your ring won't as well. (Note: When I typed this I had only asked like some friendly airport official. I have since cleared customs and everything is still good. I did not set off the metal detectors).
(Via Giphy).

So you know, dudes who want to surprise your girlfriend with some romantic elaborate overseas proposal, you can breathe a sigh of relief. You can stash your ring in the safety of your hand luggage without worrying about customs having you take the ring out and all that jazz.
(Via Oddity Mall).

Unless you have something else sketchy hidden inside. Then that's on you. Also yes, you read that right. My diamond ring scratched my manicure. My life is so hard. #firstworldproblems

#2 Google will tell you about your flight delay faster than the airline.

Like most people, I'm a huge fan of Google and all the wonderful products that come with it. Gmail, Google Drive, Google Now, and hahaha Blogger. (Ok, I'm not that big a fan of Blogger, but it works and I've been with it since I started #loyalty).
(Via Giphy).

So yesterday, at 2 am,  my phone vibrated with a Google Now alert. FLIGHT DELAY. Said the bar in the notification. And this was what my Google Now showed me when I tapped the notification.
KNS. I was very annoyed. But these things happen. So I went to the Scoot website, nothing. CAG website, nothing. The only place which mentioned a delay in my Scoot flight 10 hours before its original was on FlightStats.

So it turns out that Google cleverly pulled data from my Scoot booking which I got sent to my Gmail, and synced it with this fresh data that it got from FlightStats to alert me of this not so good scenario that I would be in. Oh. And just so you know, I only got a text from Scoot at 7:23 am, approximately 5 hours after Google did, and only 4 hours before my scheduled flight.
So excuse me for saying this - I'm sure you have heard it all before, but GOOGLE IS KING.
(Via Google).

Okay and now I shall continue sitting here wait for the queue to thin out before boarding my flight. 
Real time update ok (for once). Okay and here is a good song for you guys which is reflective of the time of the week.



Okay! Enjoy your weekend guys!
❤ Jac.


You Might Also Like

0 comments