Monday, June 13, 2016

Post-Engagement Responses that I have Received.

Hello guys! So if you haven't already heard, I'M ENGAGED! Yes that's right. And yes yes, I know some of you might be sceptic...

Hello guys!

So if you haven't already heard, I'M ENGAGED! Yes that's right. And yes yes, I know some of you might be sceptical or disbelieving towards my very good milestone event, but it's true okay. I have a ring and everything.
And James and I would like to thank everyone for their very good wishes and congratulatory messages! We're very happy.
But while most of you sent relatively safe messages, let me just share some of the responses that I have received.

#1 "Are you pregnant?"

EH MOTHERFUCKER.
(Via gifsec).

Seriously what's wrong with you?! How rude can you be? I mean, I can accept your question if I suddenly appear in maternity wear, if you see me shopping for diapers online (I only buy cute baby clothes for other people's babies. If I buy necessities, you know it is for me), or, if you see me crying in the toilet whilst clutching a thermometer-like thing okay.
(Via Imgur).

Like, manners please? At least pretend to congratulate me before acting like an asshole.
(Via Imgur).

Also, I realise that I am a bit of a nut job and that I do not always make the most rational of decisions. BUT. I am also quite delightful to be with. So should not be that surprising that someone wants to spend the rest of his life with me because he likes me and not because we want the Singapore government to give us lots of free stuff okay.
(Via Imgur).

Seriously. BITCH PLEASE. Why can't you be like any normal two-faced person and just feign happiness ok. It's much kinder and people won't think you're a bitch.
(Via Buzzfeed).

Also, I am not pregnant and to prove it I am going to wear tight bodycon dresses to work every single day.
(Via The Chive).

And also drink lots of alcohol and coffee.  Not because I want to, but because I need to prove to all these sceptics that I'm getting married not because I'm pregnant, but because a guy actually likes me.
(Via Shemazing).

#2 "COME I BE YOUR PRESS RELEASE."

So my boss is very proactive on social media and got very excited when she found out that I was engaged. She liked my post, commented, and spammed group chats with congratulatory messages.
(Via Giphy).

And then when she came back to office loudly declared, "COME I BE YOUR PRESS RELEASE!" And excitedly ran around the office announcing that I am engaged.
(Via Superiady).

My boss is even more effective than social media when it comes to getting your message across.

#3 "She bought you a ring?!"

Okay so this one was quite amusing. One of my colleagues was on a week's leave and wasn't around to hear my press release making its rounds.
(Via Giphy).

So I was making sure that my boss wasn't around before I showed my colleague my engagement ring.
(Via Giphy).

And my colleague went, "SHE BOUGHT YOU A RING?!!!"
(Via Giphy).

It took me a few minutes before I could calm down and explain that no, my boss is not some kind of creepy jewellery-buying person, and that my boyfriend was now my fiancé. It's great! Now I can stop pretending to be perfect and let him see the real me.
(Via Giphy).

#4 "But you are so young!"

WHY THANK YOU. I'M NOT 24, BUT I APPRECIATE IT.
(Via Buzzfeed).

#5 "Aiyah, I think next year I must propose to my girlfriend."

Was what my hairdresser said.
(Via Giphy).

#6 "A lovely picture."

So after James proposed, we went settled down and got some champagne to calm our post-engagement nerves.
(We were not in the Grand Canyon by the way, but you know, our champagne holding picture here is more impressive than what we took at the bar near James' place).

And then we decided to let our immediate family and friends know. And they were generally very excited for us, and sent us congratulatory messages. Well, except for James' mother.
She found out that we were engaged two days later. James' godmother's daughter saw our Facebook post, alerted her mother, who called up his mother to congratulate her on her son getting engaged. And James' mother got a shock.

Apparently she thought that I was waving at her you see. Ah, the perils of being overly friendly.

#7 "You can marry the wrong man, but not have the wrong flowers.

Have you been to my house? It's full of flowers. My mother likes flowers. A lot. Why do you know what the inside of my house looks like? It looks like this.
(Via Giphy).

My mother even has a Facebook album dedicated to photos of flowers in out house. But that's okay. What is slightly strange is that she has been spamming me with pictures of flowers for my potential bouquet. Her rationale? She would rather me marry the wrong man than carry the wrong flowers.
(Via Bustle).

I KNOW RIGHT?! I'm sure she was kidding, but James is taking it quite seriously. He's very pleased that he's under no pressure to be a perfect son-in-law. 
Okay and that's all I have for this week. I promise not to blog about weddings, engagements, or the like next week! Meanwhile, here's a good song for you.


I said good song, not good video.

Cheers! 
❤ Jac.

You Might Also Like

0 comments