Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Why Girls Should Own A PS4 (and some E3 highlights).

Hello guys! So you might or might not be aware that yesterday was the launch of the 21st Electronic Entertainment Expo, also known as E3 2...

Hello guys!

So you might or might not be aware that yesterday was the launch of the 21st Electronic Entertainment Expo, also known as E3 2015!

(Via Vgamerz).

For those of you who aren't familiar with the gaming scene, E3 is the biggest event in the video gaming world. Kind of like what the World Cup is to soccer. Only that it happens on an annual basis, and most of the men with abs, guns, and buns of steel are virtual and not human.
"Why hello tall, dark, broody and totally fictional."
(From Batman: Arkham Knight. Via VIDEOGAMER.COM).

Yeah so the video game fanatics of the world typically congregate for this event. Mainly online though. Because you know, the stereotypical video game fanatic doesn't venture far beyond the couch very much.
(Via Metro).

And NOW, I can also participate in such video game conversations. As you know, Sony has recently bequeathed me with a wonderful gift which is known to many as the Sony PlayStation 4.
And that makes me an expert on all things PlayStation and gaming. And so I'm going to let everyone know...

#1 Tones your muscles.

So I know that going to the gym is apparently a thing. People like to eat clean, train mean and all sorts of nonsense to get toned arms and stuff.
(Via Buzzfeed).

Yeah. I don't have the time or patience for that. So I got my yearly work out by carrying my PS4 home. IN HEELS.
And then I also took the initiative to complete my exercise for next year. I carried my PS4 for an extended period of time to take some selfies. Check out my arm muscles man.
Achievable with the PS4 girls.

Of course, your results may vary according to how long you take to take a successful selfie with your PS4. I took maybe 2 hours. If you are a very accomplished selfie taker, then you may not yield such results. However, the longer you own a PS4, the more developed your arm muscles become. Smith has owned a PS4 for 10 months. CHECK OUT HIS GUNS.
And I'm sorry to disappoint girls, but this guy's taken.

#2 Widen your scope for shopping.

So in the B.P. (before PlayStation) era, my shopping on ThinkGeek was extremely limited. Look! Because I didn't play Video Games, I could not legitimately buy anything from this entire section of the website!
And when ThinkGeek introduced a new PlayStation Gear Store, guess who was unable to enjoy discounts because she did not have a PS4 to warrant her potential buys?!
But now all is good. I own a PlaySation 4. It's like unlocking a whole different shopping dimension. Take a look at some of the stuff I can now justify buying for myself as a video gamer.

Classic Game Controller Silicone Mold - USD$9.99 



Playstation Button Stud Earrings - USD$14.99 

Via Etsy.

Playstation Controller Hair Clips - USD$8

Via Etsy.

Body By PlayStaion T-Shirt - £ 11.99

And they are all very good items to buy. But of course, this is the item that I want the most of all.

Playstation controller bra - USD$50

Via Etsy.

#3 New ideas for manicures.

So I know I'm not the most appropriate person to give advice on manicures, seeing as the last time I had one was....in August last year!
It was such a momentous occasion that I even dedicated a blog post to it. Anyway, the patterns on my nails are an indication of the person I am at that time, unfocused and uncertain - just a lot of thoughts swirling around a colourful haze of confusion.
(Via Buzzfeed).

But now, my life has direction and purpose. And it may or may not be due to my acquisition of a PlayStation 4. And my nails should pay tribute to that.

Actually scratch that, I rather have these instead.

They seem more useful judging by how I take about 5 seconds to tell left from right.

#4 Guys will think you're cool.

It's true. Do you think I managed to get all these guys to congregate around me based on my stunning looks and fantastic personality?
(Sorry James, I couldn't help it).

Of course not! If I was left to my own resources I'd die alone and friendless.
(Via Buzzfeed).

But now with the PS4, I'm like the baddest bitch.

#5 Coerce people into meeting at your house.

You know why I'm always late in meeting people? Because I have to travel to wherever my friend is. Travelling takes time which I rarely have. So I become late.
(Via Buzzfeed).

It's especially bad with this group of people who are always extremely early. Hello dinner is at 7. Why must you guys be 2 hours early when I'm planning to be 30 minutes late?!!
Anyway, this is the group of people who introduced me to the PlayStation....what was it? PlayStation 2? It was a while back. But good to know that these people have not evolved since and they are still playing the same game that they played 10 years ago - FIFA. Just different versions of it. Also judging by what I hear they have not improved even after 10 years of playing.
(Via Buzzfeed).

But I digress. Anyway, these guys are always early and I am always late because I have to travel all the way to their preferred congregation point in the east. Because of the PS4. BUT NOW, I too have a PS4. Which means it isn't compulsory for me to travel all the way to the east just to hang out with the guys and drink with Sam. We can hang out in my house. And I won't be late.
(Via Buzzfeed).

#6 Excuse not to meet your friends.

So I don't know about you, but I have a few guy friends who use gaming as an excuse to get out of meeting people at the last minute. You know...
Or that they have to finish a level, complete a mission, or wait for someone to come online to spawn them some items. Regardless, now you can do it back to these guys!

#7 Because I have one.

And if you have a PlayStation, we can game together via the PlayStation Network (PSN)! If you are afraid of playing against me, please do not fear. While I am okay with games such as Sportsfriends and Street Fighter, I suck at games such as Grand Theft Auto V which James got me to play. He told me that I can't go wrong because I can go around knocking things over and killing people and it would be totally fine.
(Via Break).

So um, I got stuck because I banged into a wall and couldn't reverse.
(Via Buzzfeed).
Yeah I just signed up for my Basic Theory. I'm going to be an awesome driver. (Also I need a theory book. Does anyone have one to spare?)

Okay anyway! Back to talking about some PlayStation related announcements from this year's E3!
(Via Hero Complex).

ONE: Star Wars Battlefront.


EA will be releasing Star Wars Battlefront for PlayStation on 17 November, 2015, exactly one month before Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens opens in cinemas!

TWO: Final Fantasy VII.

(Via Yahoo).

Final Fantasy VII is getting a remake after 18 years and 3 PlayStations!

THREE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops III.

(Via Game Rant).

Call of Duty: Black Ops III will be launching on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on November 6th, 2015. But what's exciting for PS4 fans is that the add-on content for Black Ops 3 will be coming to PS4 first, bringing the Microsoft console alliance to an end.

FOUR: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.


The release of Uncharted 4 has been pushed from the end of this year, to spring 2016. But that's okay. Given the wonderful job that Naughty Dog has done with the graphics, I guess all of us can afford to wait a little while longer.


Yeah so even though Xbox One fans might be pleased with the new games that they are getting like Forza Motorsport 6 (not so good Gran Turismo), Rise of The Tomb Raider (less cinematic Uncharted), and Halo 5: Guardians (less realistic COD), us PlayStation folk know that we got the better end of the deal.
(Via Buzzfeed).

And now I'd like to leave you with this Lady Gaga video. Because you know, game.


Cheers guys!
❤ Jac.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. hahaha i wasn't very interested in fallout 3. i love the humour, but i'm not into the first person perspective (probably why i don't like halo).

      Delete