Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The HTC One M9.

Hello guys! So as you know, I go on lots of holidays because I get restless when I'm not engaging in some kind of activity. Why jus...

Hello guys!
So as you know, I go on lots of holidays because I get restless when I'm not engaging in some kind of activity. Why just this year alone I've already been to...

Berlin.

Amsterdam.

Taiwan.

And the United Kingdom.

Yes. And April's not even over yet. My frequent travelling has of course, caused my leave balance to suffer. I have a grand total of 3 days of vacation leave left for the rest of the year. Which is really sad if you think about it. That's 3 days to last me for 8 months! I was devastated.
James is not devastated. As he has plenty of vacation leave left. And I would have remained in a state of extreme distress if not for this wonderful piece of news right here.
It's the long awaited HTC One M9 guys! I've been waiting for it to be released for the longest time! Not because I'm unhappy with the phones I have now of course, I'm more than contented with my current arsenal of HTC phones.

(From left to right: The HTC RE, the HTC One M8, the HTC Butterfly 2, and the HTC Desire EYE,)

But you know, seeing new and shiny things makes me happy.Just check it out. Isn't it great?



I know. Anyway, let me tell you why I'm so excited over HTC's latest flagship phone.

#1 The Cameras.

Remember how impressed I was with my Desire EYE and it's impressive 13 megapixel primary and secondary cameras? Well, the HTC One M9 boasts a 20 megapixel primary camera crafted from sapphire crystal. So you get clearer pictures via a more scratch-resistant lens.
Which is awesome. Considering I had to get the lens of my HTC One M7 replaced because I scratched it somewhere in China, possibly when I was jumping off the Macau Tower or something.

Anyway, the front camera of the HTC One M9 has also been upgraded to a 4 UltraPixel™ camera from the previous 5 megapixel version of the M8. I don't know how I feel about this, but what HTC says is that, you'll get loads of "sensational selfies".
Maybe HTC has yet to meet me, queen of all terrible selfies.
And what we have above is an example of my terrible selfie skills. It took me about 6 tries to get this selfie right. So much so that both James and Eugene were able to photobomb me.

So, looking forward to testing the new front camera out and seeing my selfies go from bad to rad, Especially with the wide angle lens to as much of the background in without distorting it and true-to-life colours. Clubbing photos will never be the same again. (I hope.)

#2 HTC BoomSound and Dolby Audio™ Surround.

One thing I really appreciate about my HTC One M8, and M7 for that matter, is that the speakers are located on the front of the phone. So that you know, blasting trashy hip-hop from my phone becomes more effective in drowning out background noises. Then you know, I can pretend that the air-conditioner is in working optimally and is not making any unnatural whirring noises. Yes.
(Via Quick Meme).

So I'm very glad that HTC kept the position of the speakers for the M9.
They apparantly have also combined the signature HTC BoomSound with 5.1 channel Dolby® Surround sound to give you the feeling that you're in iMAX. I can't wait. Ignoring my everyday problems will now be easier than ever! Not that ignoring problems or people were a problem with my previous phones of course.

Me using my HTC One XL and ignoring some Moroccan kids.
Me using my HTC One M7 and happily ignoring the world.
Me on my HTC Desire EYE and ignoring the Chinese New Year.
I look forward to being empowered further with the HTC One M9.

#3 The Accessories.

I know this sounds kind of silly, but I'm really looking forward to the new accessories that can be used together with the M9. Like the second generation HTC Dot View case! As everyone might already be aware, I'm obsessed with taking videos of the seasonal animations that get refreshed with the current Dot View. Like this one from Christmas!

A video posted by Jacqueline (@behindthebasics) on

So I'm really excited that the new Dot View will be coming with enhanced capabilities to allow you to play simple Pong-like games through the case. 



And if you don't already know, I quite like Pong-like games.
I'm also very interested in the HTC Active Case and Headphones.
Because you know, I quite enjoy bringing my phones with me whetever I go. Whether it is to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland to take photos in a waterlogged environment...
Or to the bathroom to handwash my clothes...
So it's really handy that the HTC Desire EYE is waterproof.
 
The problem is though, that I can't listen to music while I'm busy, so these waterproof earphones will come in handy. (Yes I know I can buy waterproof speakers and connect them via bluetooth. But I'm not going to carry my speakers to Iceland now will I?)

And that's essentially why I'm very excited about the HTC One M9. I can't wait to try it out! Oh and also because Robert Downey Jr,, who plays my favourite Avenger, endorses this phone. Like he did my previous phone. Which was good. So logic dictates that the HTC One M9 must be good as well given that he made an entire mini-series for the M9. Here are some of my favourite ones.








And now I will end off with a video of what I consider to be the greatest HTC ad of all time.



And that's basically it guys! I hope to get a chance to try this new phone. Will update you guys once I do! Or you can just wait until my contract is up. And then I will buy it. Right away.

And now, back to Daredevil.

Cheers!
❤ Jac.

The HTC One M9 will be available at Singtel, Starhub, and M1 shops in single-tone gunmetal grey and dual-tone silver and rose gold on Saturday, 2 May 2015, at a recommended retail price of $1,008 (without contract).

You Might Also Like

0 comments