Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Goodbye Mr Lee.

I don't...usually blog about issues that matter. But Mr Lee Kuan Yew, together with his foresight and leadership, is probably one o...

I don't...usually blog about issues that matter. But Mr Lee Kuan Yew, together with his foresight and leadership, is probably one of the greatest contributing factors in determining who I have become, and what I have been able to achieve. So here goes...
So the other day, I was talking to a friend whom I got to know during one of my trips abroad.
I thought it was pretty funny. Here is this man who transformed Singapore from a nothing into the cosmopolitan city that we see today, and there my friend is guessing that he is nothing more than a mere entertainer. I guess it's hard to comprehend the pivotal role that this one man played in building Singapore up to what it is today. 
(Via Alvinology).

I'm very grateful for what he has done for the country. In the words of former Minister for Foreign Affairs George Yeo,
"For Lee Kuan Yew’s most important contribution to Singapore, ‘look all around you’."
I think that in the midst of all these tributes, it's also important to recognise that PM Lee must be going through an incredibly hard time. It can't be easy to maintain your composure when you have silly news agencies reporting on your father's death based doctored images alleging to your father's death, and fake photographs of your father in hospital. I would have snapped and slapped someone (to put it in very mild terms).

Which is why I was very impressed by the delivery of PM's live message this morning. It really takes a certain kind of man to be able to control your emotions and deliver a message on the death of your father in three languages, especially you know that everyone is watching and waiting to screencap the money shot of you crying.



RIP Mr Lee. Thank you for all you have done for Singapore.
❤ Jac.
(Via Mothership).

You can visit Remembering Mr Lee Kuan Yew if you want to write a tribute to Mr Lee or find out more about the funeral arrangements.

You Might Also Like

0 comments