Monday, September 08, 2014

Nails for the Impatient.

Hello guys! So if you know me at all, you'd know that I am not the most patient person in the world. I've known James for seven...

Hello guys!

So if you know me at all, you'd know that I am not the most patient person in the world.

I've known James for seven years. He has suffered a lot under my wrath. I blame it on my past self. I wasted too much of my patience on stupid guys.

(Via Sodahead).

Anyway, my lack of patience has prevented me from accomplishing many things in life. Like getting a degree is life sciences (I cannot spend 24 hours of my life to wait for DNA results), eating at Tim Ho Wan (queuing for food is not a good way to utilise time), and until recently, getting nail art done. Nail art scares me. I heard that the painting of complicated designs can take up to 15 minutes per nail. And I have ten fingers. The thought of sitting in a chair for that amount of time without being able to use my phone is....horrific.

But look! All this has changed.
So for those of you who are a bit more educated when it comes to nails, you might be unimpressed with my nail designs, because you're assuming that these are stickers, or some magnetic nail polish things. But no! It's cooler than what you think. I got these printed on! Courtesy of Jessie from Beauty Recipe. Let me show my nails transformed from something the dog spat out...
To something that unicorns created on a fluffy cloud of rainbow love.
(Yes, I just came up with that expression).

Step One: You get your nails painted.

Step Two: Select your design.

This step took a while. There are over 2,000 designs in the catalogue for you to choose from! But if you know, that's not good enough for you, you can always print designs which you downloaded off the internet, including that of your favourite Disney princesses.
Or you know, photographs which you might have taken.
You know what this means right? You can design your own nails by scanning your designs into your computer! Yes James, this means that you can finally have a place to display your wonderful masterpieces - on Cheryl's fingernails (sorry Cheryl).
("These are great works of art," - Ho, 2010.)

Step Three: Protect your fingers.

Jessie pasted silicon around my nails to protect the sides of my fingers from paint splatters.

Step Four: Secure your fingers.

I thought this part was very clever . Your fingers are clipped to magnetic fasteners which attach themselves to the platform of the printer so that your fingers wouldn't shift around during the printing process. Very useful for fidgety people such as myself I thought.
(Via Imgur).

Step Five: Print them!

Here's the nail art printer that I was raving about. Yeah, doesn't look very impressive or high-tech, but I promise you, it's really cool. And it runs on Windows, the operating system which great computers run on. Here's Jessie configuring the designs to be printed onto my nails, and my nails getting printed using some airbrush/spray paint technology. The process is over and done with in 30 seconds, and you can't feel a thing.

TADAH!


Aren't they pretty? Haha I chose the horizontal gradient because it reminded me of the old wallpaper on my HTC Desire (which I cannot locate). I'm rather pleased with the results! I've had so many people come up to me and ask about them, guys and girls alike. They're really good. I can even hold high level conversations with my superiors over my nails now.

In the lift....
Superior, "Eh! Your nails are very nice!"
Me, "Thanks! My friend did them! She has a beauty salon in Jurong East and she got a nail printer. So these are actually printed on."
Superior, "Printed?"
Me, "Yeah she got a machine which can print the designs onto your nails. It's very fast!!"
Superior, "Oh! And save manpower also right?"
Me, 'Ya so she actually purchased the printer using the grant from SPRING. So it's like free."
Superior (inspecting my nails), "And the quality is good ah."
Me, "Ya!"
And then the lift door opened. Printed nails, saving you from awkward morning encounters in the lift.
(Via Giphy).

But yeah! I was very proud of them. Even my male boss was impressed and said that he would ask his wife to check them out. And so was my coursemate who used to run a nail salon. She too was impressed. Actually everyone has been impressed with my nails - either with the intricate designs, or with the innovation side of it. And it's really cheap! This nail printer by Beauty Recipe, total win.
(Via Quick Meme).

Once again, I'd like to thank JESSIE for doing up my nails. I had an awesome time :)
If you're interested in getting nails like mine, Beauty Recipe is just a short walk from Jurong East MRT station. There are also other nail salons located in Singapore where you can try out this nail printer. For more info and search the nearest location to you, visit: www.nailartdesignprinter.com.



Beauty Recipe: Blk 104 Jurong East St. 13 #01-102 Singapore 600104 
Telephone: 6567 3568 

Okay and now I would like to leave you with this very good song. Cos you know, this nail printer, better, faster, etc.



Cheers!
❤ Jac.

Beauty Recipe is the main distributor of this New Generation Nail Art Printer in Singapore. Call 65673568 for nail printer enquiries. There are many trendy nail salons all over Singapore now to get your nails printed or customised. For more info and find where is the nearest location to you, visit: www.nailartdesignprinter.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments