Tuesday, May 13, 2014

#DynamicHydration.

Hello! So a while back I got this parcel from Vanity Trove. And I was obviously very excited. I am a sucker for things with my name on...

Hello!

So a while back I got this parcel from Vanity Trove.

And I was obviously very excited. I am a sucker for things with my name on it. Most of the time anyway. These days, the only things I get with my name on it usually come with the words "Credit Card Statement", "Singtel Bill", or, my personal favourite "Duet Magazine"! Complete with directions for dating, guidance for grooming, and lessons for love. Check out the latest cover of Duet man.

(Via duetsg).

My favourite part about this cover is the orange bubble on the left which says "DATING FEST 2014". I have no idea what a dating fest is, but I would like to say it sounds very gross and dodgy. Like many of the other fests that I have heard of. Fester. Infest. Sausage fest. All bad.
(Via Instapop).

Anyway, back to the part on my name on a package delivered to me by Vanity Trove. Here's what I got from them - a personalised three-step skincare regime which included Vichy's Pureté Thermale Purifying Foaming Water Radiance Revealer, Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream, and their newly launched Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum.

And here's what I think about the products.

Vichy's Pureté Thermale Purifying Foaming Water Radiance Revealer

So this one's kinda cool. It's a "magic water" which turns into foam when you pump it out of the bottle. Yes, I'm a sucker for products like this. 
It's not drying, and does a pretty good job in getting getting the dirt off your face. And it's very gentle on the skin too! I would prefer if it was able to remove makeup, and smell a little less pharmaceutical, but you know, you can't have everything. 

*Note: I asked my mother if she thought that the cleanser smelt clinical, and she said that she thought it smelt nice. So maybe it's just me.


Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum

So after you use the cleanser you can apply serum onto your face. And here's what Vichy has to offer - a seum made with Vichy's thermal spa water combined with very effective stuff with very long and complicated names (specifically hyaluronic acid, aquabioryl, and λ-carracghennans) to hydrate all areas of your face.
The serum is a little stickier than I imagined it to be, but hey! It was still absorbed really quickly by my skin so I was pleasantly surprised. It was really effective in eliminating the drier patches of skin on my face, and it was very lightly scented so I was rather pleased with it. Good.

Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream

The serum is supposed to be paired with a rich cream from the same Aqualia Thermal range. I think there's also a lighter version of the day cream for people with oilier skin than mine. but I got this one because you know, dry skin. Comes with the dry humour I think.
I'm very pleased with this one. The cream is thick and seriously, like what the name suggests RICH. Like creamy and heavy. 
But still absorbed very quickly by the skin so that's okay. I personally think it's too heavy for daytime use but that's just me. The moisturiser still does a very good job in making my skin look supple and refreshed. 
All in all I am quite satisfied with what Vichy has to offer in terms of meeting my skin's hydration needs. I'd recommend both the products I got from their Aqualia Thermal range. They're really worth it. The serum is going for $52, and the rich cream is retailing at $45. But if you want to try them out before you buy them, you can sign up to get some free samples here

Also I would like to add that in terms of ease of drawing on your hand, I would rate the cleanser at the top, followed by the serum, and then the rich cream. As you can probably tell, I could not draw anything much with the rich cream.

Okay and now I will leave you with a very good video by Vichy.



And also one by Geri Halliwell. Because you know, hydration.



Okay! And now, back to surfing Facebook.
Jac.

You Might Also Like

0 comments