Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration.

Sup! So if you've been following the skin products that I sometimes post reviews on, you might have realised that my skin is really dr...

Sup!

So if you've been following the skin products that I sometimes post reviews on, you might have realised that my skin is really dry. It's a problem. Sometimes I wake up and I swear my complexion resembles the flakes you find on takopachi.


(Via Alice in the Yummyland).

(Yes I know that takopachi isn't the most conventional way of describing one's skin hydration level, but I am not very inclined to compare myself to a reptile. It is very lucky that my mother decided not to name me "Elizabeth" at the very last minute because I'd assume that everyone would call me "Liz" for short. To me, "Liz" is also short for "lizards" which I do not have a very strong affinity towards.)

Anyway, Kiehl's recently launched a new moisturiser - the Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration. 
So I've been using this product for close to six weeks now, and I really feel that moisturiser has been very effective in keeping my skin hydrated throughout the day. It's supposed to be able to lock-in moisturiser for 24-hour windows and I PROMISE YOU, it really does. 
Because I have really dry skin, my makeup tends to flake off by 7 pm in the evening. That's like...11 hours after I apply it. Or 10. Depending how early I wake up that day. So I sadly have to touch up my makeup before I leave my office and head off to dance class (I say dance class because that's the most exciting thing I do after work. But actually I sometimes go to McDonald's to dabao dinner, and also to Cold Storage to buy milk and Coke Light.). And that was before. Now because my skin is so much more hydrated, my makeup stays on longer and I can save money as my loose powder does not finish so fast.
(Via Pinterest).

Like the other Kiehl's products that I've tried, I'm also really happy that the Ultra Facial Cream doesn't have a heavy texture, and is really as weightless as it claims to be (the exact words used were "convention-defying lightweight texture"). It's also been tested on swimmers training in extremely dry conditions (think: Arizona aka the driest place in USA) so you really don't have to worry about it not being hydrating or long-lasting enough for your skin.

Hahahaha yes. I know many of you have secret formulas to keep your skin hydrated. Your home made masques, and your many sheet masks, and your facials and what not. But you know, as I've mentioned in numerous posts, I'm extremely lazy (just randomly click anyone and there is a 90% chance of me declaring/ or alluding to my laziness). So instead of going through many steps to keep my skin moisturised, I prefer something that's all in one. Similar to the Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Cream which I reviewed here.

So what really makes this product so effective is that it contains Enriched Hyaluronic Acid, which floods the flakey layers of skin with moisture (thus preventing your skin from looking like takopachi flakes). It also contains Refined Apricot Kernel Oil which is rich in Vitamin E to prevent and cure dehydrated skin.
Personally, I think it's pretty good for a product which I've used for about 6 weeks. Kiehl's products have always seemed to work for me, so I'm really happy with what Kiehl's has to offer as a skincare brand :).

Of course, if you would like to follow the brand online, you may check them out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or their website! Also if you visit their outlet in Tangs Orchard, you take take photos at their photobooth. Like so.
Very bad. I am always going to the Tangs Orchard branch event though the VivoCity branch is much more convenient for me.

Anyway, hope that you guys with dry skin find the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration as effective as I do. Meanwhile, let me leave you off with a good song, which will hopefully chase away the dry weather, something I am afraid even this very good Ultra Facial Cream is unable to do.



Cheers!
❤ Jac.

For more Kiehl's related posts...

You Might Also Like

0 comments