Sunday, February 09, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Hello! So I found out that the day before yesterday marked the seventh day of the Chinese New Year as I was scrolling through my Twitter f...

Hello!

So I found out that the day before yesterday marked the seventh day of the Chinese New Year as I was scrolling through my Twitter feed.This day, according to Wikipedia, is also known as 人日, the day human beings were created a long time ago! This makes it of course, everyone's birthday. Including mine apparently! And although I don't follow Chinese customs religiously (except for the angpow collection part), I quite like the idea of having more than one birthday per year.

(Via DIY LOL).

Anyway, I've come to realise that these days, it's getting kinda hard to be creative when you wish your friends happy birthday on Facebook. I mean, how many different variants of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" can you say to people you barely know?

"See you around?" No, I don't want to be caught in an awkward situation with you.
"Talk to you soon!" No, who am I kidding? I'd never voluntarily talk to you. 
"Post more photos online!" No, I don't want my newsfeed to be flooded with your narcissistic selfies thank you very much.

Being the creative and innovative person that I am, I end up giving out smilies and the occassional hearts to accompany my otherwise bland Facebook birthday wish. Because you know, smilies and heart emoticons are the epitome of creativity.
(Via Troll.me).

But I digress. It has been a while since I've posted a list of good songs. So here's some good birthday-related songs which you can use to accompany your Facebook birthday wish. You know, so that your post will stand out amongst the hoi polloi of Facebook posts and your friend will feel that he/she is your most treasured friend and shower you with lots of gifts and money love and affection.

So presenting...
A GOOD LIST OF BIRTHDAY SONGS.
(What?! I did warn you about my creativity right?)

10. 2 Chainz - Birthday Song


It's your birthday, it's your birthday. 
Bad bitches contest, you in first place. 
You in first place, you in first place.
Bad bitches contest, you in first place.
DID YOU SEE THE LYRICS?!! OHMYGOD. I WOULD LOVE FOR THIS SONG TO BE ON MY TIMELINE ON MY BIRTHDAY. However, the chorus goes "All I want for my birthday is a big booty hoe, all I want for my birthday is a big booty hoe". And actually, that is not what I want for my birthday. So that's why this song is at number 10 on my list.

9. Jeremih - Birthday Sex


Don't need candles and cake, 
Just need your body to make,
Good birthday sex, birthday sex
So at number 9 we have this very good song called "Birthday Sex". It is quite a good song. But you know, you can't go around posting it on everyone's wall. I mean you can, if your friend is say, CHANNING pleasemarrymenow TATUM.
(Via The Berry).

But more often than not your friends are like, well, Adam Osman
Who, although is desirable, has a scary girlfriend who might kill you if you post such things on his wall.
So yes. Birthday Sex at number nine.

8. Flo Rida Feat. Rick Ross


Happy Birthday,
Baby what's your birth place, where your birth Ma,
What's your zodiac and birthday day,
Who gettin money, that's the only cake I ever knew,
50 thousand the closest thing to candles I ever blew.
THIS SONG IS GREAT. Firstly there is Flo Rida in it, and that's always a win. Then, the chorus goes "I don't want no cake on my birthday, I want my cake errr-day, errr-day." And I love songs with words "errr-day", "errr-badeh" and "errr-one". Songs like that usually involve trashy content, rappers, and alcoholic lyrics. Case in point: "ERRBADEH IN THE CLUB GETTIN' TIPPPSY". I love that song.

But this particular birthday song is at number 8 because, well, there is no music video to accompany it. Sadly.

7. Sean Kingston - Fire Burning


She get it pop it, lock it, drop it that birthday cake. 
Got a candle, need to blow that crazy flame away.
Come on. Errrr-one, or everyone, I mean, knows this song. How can you not? It was playing on loop in 2009! Okay, it's not technically about birthdays, but it does say "birthday cake". And it's horribly catchy. Just that you know, in this context, "birthday cake" refers to your butt. So if your friend is the annoying clueless sort with no life outside of Symphony 92.4 FM, then you might have to answer many awkward questions. "How do you lock a birthday cake?", "What's a shawty and why is it burning?", and so on.
(Via someecards).

6. Swizz Beatz Feat. Chris Brown and Ludacris - Everyday Birthday

Everyday is your birthday now hit the floor; 
Everyday is your birthday now hit the floor;
Everyday is your birthday now hit the floor; 
Hit the floor, I say: hit the floor.
This is a very good song. I mean firstly there is Swizz Beatz and Chris Brown. You know what previously came out in a Swizz Beatz and Chris Brown collaboration? A beating. I CAN TRANSFORM YA.



Which is still one of the most epic songs of all time. And "Everyday Birthday" song has Ludacris. A very good man. Also Chris Brown has blonde hair here. And I think having your birthday everyday is a great idea. The only thing. is that this song has a hook that goes "LET'S WORK, LET'S WORK. LET'S WORK, LET'S WORK". Sorry. But on my birthday, there will be no working. And that's why this is at number 6.

5. Twista - Birthday


Somebody in here, it's your birthday.
Somebody in here, it's your birthday.
Somebody in here, it's your birthday.
Have you heard this song? IT'S BRILLIANT. You know how it is best enjoyed? With alcohol. In a club. On your birthday.

4. Travis Porter Feat. Bei Maejor - Birthday Girl


Just turned 21 Time to have some fun And we gone do it all Cause baby you're the birthday girl
Okay I initially had mixed feelings about this song because it really sounds like Lil' Wayne's Lollipop. BUT THEN, I realised that this song is very meaningful and forever relevant because I'm Forever 21. Also it is a lyric video. You need to know the lyrics to the song in order to maximise the song experience. So yes, number 4!

3. Trey Songz Feat. Fabolous - Say Aah


Go girl, it's your birthday.Open wide, I know you're thirsty.Say aah... Say ahh...
This song is wonderful! About guys buying birthday girls bottles and bottles of champgane in the club! Which is just how a birthday should be. AND ALSO THERE IS FABOLOUS RAPPING IN IT. I LOVE FABOLOUS. But you know, idiots who do not know the full song and context of the girl saying ahh might you know, not assume that the girl is saying ahh to champagne. Bad.

2. Rihanna Feat. Chris Brown - Birthday Cake (Remix)

CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE 
Firstly, it's a remix with Chris Brown and Rihanna. So you must expect this song to be catchy and for it to be stuck in your head for a considerable amount of time (think Umbrella). The bad part is that, one of my favourite parts of this song goes "COME AND PUT YOUR NAME ON IT, PUT YOUR NAME ON IT." and I've found that every time I tweet that, there will always be this person who asks me for a marker. TSK.

1. 50 Cent - In Da Club

Go, go, go, go go, go, go, shawty.It's your birthday.We gon' party like it's yo birthday.We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday.And you know we don't give a fuck it's not your birthday!
This song. It's wonderful. I know this 50 Cent starts out by proclaiming it's your birthday and then later takes it away by saying it's not your birthday. But still. It's like the most epic song about birthdays of all times and give people a reason to drink and celebrate even though it's not their birthday.

Also it was playing on my 21st birthday. I remember this. I was very happy.

Okay and that concludes by list of birthday songs. May you have lots of fun posting them onto the walls of your friends. Also, speaking of friends, the scary girlfriend who was mentioned in song 9 is running a campaign called "The Ride Etiquette". It's a good campaign championing graciousness in public transport. Go check it out ok! They have designed many cool graphics and have even produced stickers for you to customise your EZ-Link card. See? This is how my EZ-Link card looks like now.
(Hey how come it looks blur?! I have to change my photo editing app maybe).

Meanwhile, I encourage you to check out the rest of the playlists that I have put together to suit your various moods/occassions.
Okay hope you're having a not bad weekend, enjoy the rest of it while you still can!

Cheers,
❤ Jac.

You Might Also Like

1 comments