Sunday, February 03, 2013

BFF Challenge with Glow Ignite 2.0

Greetings friends! So Rugfella and I recently joined the "BFF Challenge with Glow Ignite 2.0"! The aim of this challenge is ...

Greetings friends!

So Rugfella and I recently joined the "BFF Challenge with Glow Ignite 2.0"!

The aim of this challenge is to lose weight the fun and healthy way. For the month of February, Glow will be providing us with weekly diet consultations, fitness training sessions, two nutrition workshops, AND, a month's supply of Glow Ignite 2.0.

And now you might be wondering what is Glow Ignite 2.0. Well, Glow Ignite 2.0 is this new product which has Raspberry Ketones and Green Coffee Bean Extract to promote weightloss, and superantioxidants to give healthy-looking glow from the inside out. This is Glow Ignite 2.0.
When I told my friends that I was going on this Glow programme, many of them gave responses such as the ones shown below.
Okay, CLARIFICATION. As many of you know, I'm actually a very unhealthy person who leads a very detrimental lifestyle. For example, this is how the inside of my drawer at work looks like.
Yes, I live on Coke Light, substitute my dinner with vanilla ice cream and consume more than my fair share of fast food. And I don't exercise. Which may possibly be why I gained weight over the holiday season. It's true okay, I'm not lying to you. It is like how you complain about that pimple on your forehead but everyone says that they can't see anything. IT'S THERE. YOU KNOW IT. Just because other people can't tell doesn't mean it isn't there. Same goes for my holiday weight.

So anyway! I've gained weight from Christmas and New Year and I really want to lose this weight. And if it means I get fitter and healthier along the way, then why not? (Yes, my priorities are questionable, but my concerns are all valid).

And here's how we started out on our journey to get our dream physique. (Do you think I will come out looking like Mila Kunis?) We started with a briefing on how to lose weight the healthy way by Nicole and Rachel from Glow.
And they took our weight, BMI, muscle mass and body fat. UGH.
(Thanks for letting me steal your photos Rugfella. Your foresight is wonderful.)

We also met up for a consultation session with Rachel, who's Glow's in-house nutritionist. Rachel took our diet histories and designed customised diet plans for each of us.
You see my apprehensive posture and downcast eyes? It's really because I was looking at the diet plan she was drawing up for me. Which looks like this.
DO YOU KNOW HOW PAINFUL THIS IS. I cannot consume Coke Light,  ice cream or chocolate (luckily, I finished up my Kit-Kat before I got this diet plan). MY LIFE. Also you know, the funny thing is that I previously couldn't care much for things like cake and butter cookies. But now that I know I can't consume such food items, I AM CRAVING FOR THEM ALL THE TIME. Sigh. Psychology.

Okay anyway, Rachel stressed on the importance of maintaining a constant blood sugar level throughout the day. Which is something I apparently haven't been doing since I skip breakfast. To be fair, I didn't know that I was skipping breakfast. I thought coffee was a good breakfast.

Learning point #1: Coffee is not considered as breakfast.
Click here to read more.

But I was really relieved that Rachel allowed me to consume coffee because I need coffee to survive. What she didn't allow me to consume is grains, potatoes, and certain fruits such as grapes. I like grains, potatoes, and grapes you know, as illustrated by this woman here.
(Via someecards).

Like you know, this was how I used to roll.
As this is no longer an option this month, this will now be how I roll.

Also the roll must be wholemeal. Anyway,

Learning point #2: Alcohol makes you happy fat.
To learn more about this depressing fact on how 1g of carbs = 4 kcal and 1g of alcohol = 7 kcal, please refer to this depressing link here.

ALSO! In my quest to find a referral site for the caloric content of alcohol, I found this calorie calculator for different alcoholic drinks from Sainsbury's Diets. So, if you're going clubbing while on a tentative/sort-of diet (come on, everyone has been there), you might want to consult this site before taking your first drink. I say before because, you know, you might not care after than first drink.

(Via quickmeme).

Anyway, as reluctant as I may sound about dieting, I'm actually quite excited to be on this weightloss journey with Glow! You know, I've never been a real advocate of healthy living even though I used to be quite sporty in the past (I kid you not - My NAPTFA scores were fantastic), I still ate whatever I wanted to, whenever I wanted to. Coke Light should sponsor me for all the revenue and word-of-mouth advocacy that I do for them. So, I really am quite keen on seeing what a combination of physical exercise and a healthy diet can do for me! (Please make me hot like Mila Kunis).

So, if you're interested in following the BFF Challenge or reading up on Glow Ignite 2.0, you can check out the Glow website and Facebook page. You may also want to follow the #GLOWRaspberry hashtag on Twitter or Instagram!

Okay and now I will go and iron my clothes and prepare for Monday. Have a good week ahead guys!

❤ Jac.

*All opinions reflected in the post are the blogger’s own. The content of this post is not edited by GLOW™. GLOW™ is an all-natural weight loss supplement. The proprietary blend is clinically proven to burn fat and maximise weight loss. All rights reserved.

You Might Also Like

0 comments