Friday, December 21, 2012

Thanksgiving.

Hello everyone! THE WORLD IS ENDING! Or so I heard. So I decided that it would be a good time to look back upon the things that happened t...

Hello everyone!

THE WORLD IS ENDING! Or so I heard. So I decided that it would be a good time to look back upon the things that happened to me this year and give thanks. I know many people chose to do this on 22 November which was Thanksgiving. But I am not American.

Voice in head, "You're not Mayan either."
Jac, "Shut up."


So let me recap on some of the things I'm thankful for this year. (Warning: photo heavy post).

1. ZOUKOUT.

Okay I know this sounds very frivolous, but I've always wanted to go to ZoukOut. It had been on my bucket list for the longest time along with fainting at a Lady Gaga concert (2009 check!), touching Flo Rida (2010 check!), graduating from uni (2011 check!) and owning a pair of Ferragamos (2012 check!).

Yeah, 2011 wasn't that great a year for me I'd admit. HAHA.

Anyway yes! Zoukout! Was always something that I've been meaning to go for but never actually gotten around to going because you know, I was always a) lazy, b) broke, c) too cheap to pay. But NOW, as I'm a highly successful entrepreneur with her own business which pays her in the millions (I have a highly active imagination), I only had a) to contend with.

And so this year, Nessie and Jac went to ZoukOut with Thad, Jason, Titus, Edric and Switcher.
IT WAS TONNES OF FUN. Surprisingly. I did not expect to have fun at all really. Because you know, of all those ZoukOut horror stories. Like of people stepping on puke, of the bad drinks and crap music, of drunk and sweaty people falling all over the place? Didn't happen to us. It was really damn fun and the company was great! I would even consider going for it next year!

And of course, here are some very good ZoukOut photos as requested by Thaddaeus Wee.
(Caution: my guy friends are really quite hot.)

2. My face in lights across Oxford Street, London.

My sister was in London and suggested that I get my face up there via this Marmite Facebook app. And then tadah!
Yes I realise that it's not the most flattering of photos, but it's NOT BAD ALREADY. Anyway, how many people have had their faces splashed across a lit banner on Oxford Street? By having my face on the banner, I feel like I've achieved something that I wasn't even aware that I wanted to accomplish.

3. Friends.

Friends, I know I may not say this very often, but I love all of you very much. Thank you for always being there to listen to my bitching, and for you know, for putting up with my many mini-rants on Twitter. And also for being the reason that my social media channels look good and happening.

4. New TV shows.

A friend of mine, who shall remain anonymous because he is very handsome and I don't want you girls and guys to try to steal him away from his girlfriend, recommended many good tv shows to me this year.

Here are some of my new favourites.
May I just say that I love Castle very much. It's about a mystery writer teaming up with a cop from the NYDP and together they kick-ass and fight crime. I finished 4 seasons in about 2 weeks. I love this show and all that it stands for. I am actually not sure what it stands for. But I'm sure if I did, I would be very supportive.

I too, love White Collar and all that it stands for. It is about an art thief turned FBI consultant who follows his FBI handler around and together they kick-ass and fight solve white collar crimes. Yes. I am starting to notice a trend in the shows I like. As with Bones also. Which is about an anthropologist who is paired with an FBI agent and together they kick-ass and solve murders.

Anyway, White Collar is really funny and this NEIL CAFFREY aka MATT BOMER in real life. This is Matt Bomer.
(Via Gossip Rocks).

HE IS SO HOT AND I WANT TO MARRY HIM NOW. Omg, I think we should really ballot for a HDB and get married right away. A good plan.

With a slight hitch.
(Via ONTD).

As they say, all the good ones are either gay or taken. Or in this case, married with 3 kids conceived via surrogacy.

ANYWAY, MOVING ON.
Which I had already raved about earlier this year. It's a fantastic show about a detective and his sidekick. And yes, you can probably guess what they do in the show. I LOVE IT. I LOVE SHERLOCK. BEST SHOW EVER AND PLEASE START FILMING SEASON 3 SOON.

Anyway, thank you friend for introducing me to these very good shows which have served me well in my favourite past time of vegetation.

5. My Job.

Okay so contrary to popular belief, I quite like my job. Why?

I have a fantastic view.
I get to work alongside my friends.
And of course, I can access social media whenever I want to. This of course is the most important.

Also I have very cool colleagues who have fed my enthusiasm to shop. While I was in this company which makes bubble tea, I bought my first....

Prada.
agnès b.
Ferragamos.
Marc Jacobs.
Miu Miu.
Longchamp.

Yes, I like pretty things and I am happy that I FINALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY THE THINGS THAT I WANT. In fact, this is how my table looked like yesterday.
I LOVE PRETTY THINGS. That is all.

I've also been a social media advocate for Estée Lauder this year, and I'd like to thank them for the many things that they have bequeathed upon me!
Some of the many things that they have given me this year.

Anyway guys, I checked the Mayan calendar and the world is supposedly ending on 21 December 2012, 11:11 AM (UTC). UTC apparently stands for Coordinated Universal Time. Why it is not called CUT instead of UTC baffles me. Also, I have converted this to GMT +8 and I would like to share that the world will be ending at 7:11 PM Singapore time.

You see, I even went to this very reliable looking website to check.

I know it says that the world is ending in 1.5 hours, but I think that the armageddon has already commenced. Just look at the sky please.
Okay. And now I will shut down my computer, talk to my colleague whose last day is today, and then meet Nessie for one last shopping expedition before the world ends.

❤ Jac.

You Might Also Like

0 comments