Tuesday, September 25, 2012

SHOW OFF - The Ultimate Weekend Party.

Hello! So as it turns out, I'm a bit behind in my blogging because I'm so busy juggling my work, my social life and my family resp...

Hello!

So as it turns out, I'm a bit behind in my blogging because I'm so busy juggling my work, my social life and my family responsibilities. Right. If you believed that, then clearly, you and I can no longer be friends.

Anyway, Pamy and I went to this awesome event a while back.

It was by La Senza and called SHOW OFF and it was held at the Vivo La Senza. I promise you that I am forever in Vivo. I work at a gongcha near/around Vivo City. I would like all of you to believe this. Because it is true.

ANYWAY! They had these plush curtains at the entrance of the La Senza and only invited VIPs such as myself and Pamy were allowed to enter. AND IT WAS REALLY FUN! They served champange and many different kinds of finger food!
I think that these cake pops were the best. They were so moist and yummy. Apparently from Prive judging from the napkins that came along with them! And the champagne, omg, was truly free flow. Pamy and I had not made such good use of free flow champange since, never. We were very happy indeed.

Anyway, you can probably tell that we were very excited to be able to eat and drink in La Senza because we purposely took photos of our F&B with bras and panties in the background.
And there was of course a fashion show!
The fashion show was very enjoyable (Come on, hot girls parading around in their underwear? Who wouldn't like that?), but it got a little boring after a while because it went on and on and on and on and on. And these are only a few out of the 30+ pictures that I posted on Facebook, which is a fraction of the 200+ photos I took in total okay. IT WAS SERIOUSLY A VERY LONG FASHION SHOW.

You know, fashion shows which concern hot people strutting around in their underwear shouldn't last for more than 7 minutes. Let me break down the thought process for you.

1st minute: OMG I WANT TO LOOK LIKE THIS GIRL. SHE HAS ABS.
2nd minute: OH MY, THIS GIRL IS ALSO HOT. SHE ALSO HAS ABS.
3rd minute: THIS GIRL AND THIS BRA. OMG ALL SO HOT.
4th minute: WOW THESE GIRLS ARE SO HOT I WANT TO MARRY THEM.
5th minute: OMG THIS BRA. I NEED IT.
6th minute: NO OMG THIS BRA IS BETTER BECAUSE THIS GIRL IS HOTTER.
7th minute: OMG I CANNOT DECIDE ALL THE BRAS ARE GOOD AND I WILL BUY THEM ALL.

And then it should stop there. You see, after the 7th minute, feelings of insecurity start to set in and you are like:

8th minute: Yes I can buy all the bras, BUT WILL I LOOK AS HOT.
9th minute: This girl has abs. BUT DO I HAVE ABS?
10th minute: Why are their legs so long?
11th minute: How come their butts are so nice? Why isn't my butt as nice?
12th minute: I want to eat something. OMG BUT IF I EAT THIS CAKE POP I WILL BECOME EVEN FATTER.
13th minute: MY LIFE OMG. IT IS A DISASTER. SOMEONE JUST MAKE IT STOPPPPPP!

And so on. You see, when fashion shows are short, you let the audience happily bask in superficial, happy thoughts which will result in them buying many things and leaving as happy as meth addicts in a meth lad - with happy thought clouds in their head and smiles on their faces.

Dragging the show would result in the audience reflecting on themselves and re-evaluating their decisions. Which is bad. Maybe this could have been avoided if the people had refiled our glasses. And yes. I think in CAPS.

ANYWAY! This brunette below is my female favourite model okay. SIGH.
She is so hot and made everything that she wore look so nice. Please may I look like this one day.

And I said that she was my favourite female model, specifically because there were other models around!
Meet Mr Good from Brazil and Mr Also Very Good from Hungary!
SIGH. There should be a limit on how hot people can be.

Okay this is all for today. OH OH OH. Sorry this is not all for today. I would like to add that I've just bought the great and wonderful HTC One XL.
Image via Analog Hype

MY PHONE, IT IS WONDERFUL. It is shiny and new and is everything that I want in a phone. It is easy to use, has enough memory for me to download all the apps that I want (I have all 4 versions of Angry Birds now. BECAUSE I CAN.), and I can take screeshots with it! AND IT'S REALLY FAST. And also Singtel's 4G is really fast also. The time I take to download an app on 4G is the time I used to take to tweet on 3G. Seriously. This means that downloading an app takes no time at all.

One thing that I'm mildly annoyed about is the lack of animation from the HTC weather widget. One of the things I liked most about my HTC Desire was that there would be on screen animation of the weather outside!

So if it was raining outside I'd see something raindrops fill my screen like this:
Via Phandroid

And then a windscreen wiper will come in to wipe them away. If it was sunny there'd be sunbeams shining across my screen and if it was cloudy (or "intermittent clouds" in HTC speak) then clouds would drift across my screen. OOH OOH. My favourite was the thunderstorms. Then lightning would flash across my screen.

Ya. Anyway, I don't know how to enable this function on my phone. It's supposed to exist according to The Verge, but I don't know how to do this. If someone knows how to enable my weather animations please let me know. Thank you.
(Edit: Oh I have done it.)
(Edit 2: Is there a way to put the weather animation onto the Home screen instead of the Lock screen?)
(Edit 3: OHHHH. I DID NOT ENABLE MY FULL SCREEN ANIMATION. OHHHH. SILLY ME. OKAY MY PHONE IS PERFECT PLEASE IGNORE MY RAMBLING. I TRULY AM NOT A TECH-IDIOT. I CAN MAKE E-CARDS AND ALL THAT JAZZ.)

BUT OMG MY PHONE IS SO PRETTY AND NICE AND I LOVE IT. SO NICE AND USER FRIENDLY AND ALL THE SHORT-COMINGS OF THE HTC DESIRE HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED WITH THIS PHONE I LOVE YOU PHONE. I have yet to think of a name for my phone though. Maybe Vanilla Ice. I will think about it.

Also I would like to say that I don't give a fuck damn if you think Apple/Samsung/Nokia/LG/Motorola/Sony/your landline at home is better. I get very irritated when people I don't even talk to on a regular basis suddenly come up and give me their two-cents worth on what they think I should buy. TSK. Please go and share your opinions with someone who cares okay. Like with the people on HardwareZone or something.

OKAY! And now, here's a joke which I got from Zel's blog.
A: How does Moses make his tea?
A: Hebrews it!
B: Jew kiddin me.
A: No isreali how he does it
B: R u Syrias
A: I canaan tell a lie
And also a video of Vanilla Ice to end off.


❤ Jac.

You Might Also Like

0 comments