Friday, August 03, 2012

Emo Songs List.

Hello everyone! Last night, I was sitting in my room and I suddenly felt emo . I would like to clarify that this is strange as I don't...

Hello everyone!

Last night, I was sitting in my room and I suddenly felt emo. I would like to clarify that this is strange as I don't normally feel emo. And you know, emo people quite like listening to emo music.

But because I rarely feel emo, I couldn't think of any emo songs to listen to. The emo-est song that I could think of (after 10 minutes) was "She Will Be Loved", by Maroon 5. Which was nice, but it is hard to be properly emo with only one song to listen to. Luckily, Lyon recommended that I listen to Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now".

SO, in case you people reading this are totally into all things hip-hop and constantly listen to Black and Hispanic people rap about drinking, dancing and fucking living life to the fullest, here are some emo-songs for you just in case a wave of emo engulfs you on a random Thursday night.

(Also, my emo songs are not like sappy why this boy break up with me please I am going to cry forever and not get on with my life kind of emo. These are like, emo-life-emo-general songs. If you want the crying sort of emo-songs, please find another list.)

10. Eminem Feat. Rihanna - Love The Way You Lie


Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, well that's alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry, well, that's alright because I love the way you lie
This is a fantastic song and I love it very much. Also the video has Megan Fox and that other guy from Lost. What's his name again? Oh. Dominic Monaghan. It's about a guy and a girl in a abusive relationship and it has good phrases like "just gonna stand there and watch me burn" and "DON'T YOU HEAR SINCERITY IN MY VOICE WHEN I TALK". But it's at number ten because Eminem is a brilliant rapper and you just want to be angsty and rap along and that kinda breaks the emo-wave.

And also the video has Megan Fox in it. And she is really hot. It is hard to stay emo when you look at her.

9. Akon - Sorry, Blame It on Me


If I can't apologize for being wrong, then it’s just a shame on me. I’ll be the reason for your pain, and you can put the blame on me.

Quite an emo and sad song and the lyrics are quite easy to follow. Like there are a few chunks that just go like this:
You can put the blame on me
You can put the blame on me
You can put the blame on me
You can put the blame on me
Said you can put the blame on me
Said you can put the blame on me
Said you can put the blame on me
You can put the blame on me
It is very hard to go wrong with this. If you cannot follow this then I think you have more than one reason to be emo. Anyway, you can imagine that someone has done the wrong thing and he/she is apologising to you, or if you are the one who did something wrong then you can imagine that it's you apologising. Works both ways.

Only that it's Akon singing. So you may need to pretend that you left your wife at home with the kids while you were out partying. So maybe not so good.

8. Skylar Grey - Invisible



Even when I'm walking on a wire, Even when I set myself on fire, Why do I always feel invisible, invisible?

This song has a nice beat and is quite emo. It's by Skylar Grey who co-wrote the good "Love The Way You Lie". She was also the guest-vocals for Fort Minor's "Where'd You Go", Dr. Dre's "I Need a Doctor" and Diddy-Dirty Money's "Coming Home". ALL GOOD EMO-SONGS TO BOOT. (But are not in my top 10. Too bad.) Her voice is very good and sweet and makes you sad that she feel so sad for her (and also yourself because you are supposed to pretend you are her when you sing this song).

7. Demi Lovato - Skyscraper



You can take everything I have, You can break everything I am, Like I'm made of glass, Like I'm made of paper.

Okay this song is quite emo-inspirational. About a girl who tells someone (I'm assuming it's a guy) that "(he) can break (that she has) like (she's) made of glass" but then she rises from the ground "LIKE A SKY SCRAPER". It is nice and catchy and easy to sing, and you come out feeling like "oh my, I feel stronger already", but not strong enough to break your emo-ness so you can just skip on to the next song in your playlist. GREAT! (Y).

6. Maroon 5 Feat. Wiz Khalifa - Payphone


"I'm at a payphone trying to call home. All of my change I spent on you. Where have the times gone. Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?"
WHERE DO YOU EVEN START RAVING ABOUT THIS SONG? Okay, first, easy to sing. And all emo songs should be easy to sing. I mean, you are already so sad and out-of-it, I see no reason why you should give yourself the additional burden of trying to sing a complicated song à la Whitney Houston. Just will make you even sadder because your voice will never sound as good as this powerhouse you are listening to.

Anyway, it has good lyrics. And the lead singer Adam Levine has a nice-emo omg sad please help voice, and that is always good. And also he is quite hot.

Also, I have come to realise that most Maroon 5 songs, like "Harder to Breathe", "She Will Be Loved", "Won't Go Home Without You", "Never Gonna Leave This Bed" and "Misery" are emo-songs and the fastest way to compile an emo-playlist is to play your Maroon 5 albums and remove "Moves like Jagger".

5. Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely



Show me the meaning of being lonely, is this the feeling I need to walk with? Tell me why I can't be there where you are. There's something missin' in my heart.
Because every emo-song playlist needs a song from a boyband from the 1990s. And this is mine.

4. The Pussycat Dolls - I Hate This Part


I don't wanna try now, all that's left's good-bye, to find a way that I can tell you - I hate this part right here

Firstly, this song is by PCD and they are hot. And there is nothing worse than seeing a devastated group of hot girls dancing in the dessert to a nice beat. But apart from that, SURELY, if you are sad, you would be hating that part of your life. So this song is a good song to sing. Very apt for sad/angry/angsty/emo moments in your life. And because it doesn't talk about love or break-up, it is applicable to people who failed their exams/hate their job/got a hangover etc. You only have to pretend that you have some memories of driving in NYC in the snow. That's about it.

3. B.o.B Feat. Hayley Williams - Airplanes



Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now.
This song is very good because when you are sad, you will surely wish for things to change/be different. And then suddenly you listen to this song and you feel like, "omg! this guy and this girl truly understands me!" And most of the song is B.o.B. rapping which most of us can't really follow and rap along. So you can spend this rapping time reflecting on how you would spend your wish, and then sing along with Haley Williams and fantasize on how good your world would be if Mr. ABC died/broke his fingers/got syphilis.

2. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now



It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now. Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now
Oh please this song is wonderful. I must really thank Lyon for the recommendation. i would have never thought of this song on my own.

This song gives you a specific time. And usually, waves of emo only attack individuals in the wee hours of the morning (I think). So you can feel a kind of connection to this song when you hear "quarter after one" and you can go "OMG IT'S IN THE EARLY MORNING AND I NEED A HUG TOOOO". You know, this song brings about a certain feeling of warmth and hope.

And it also talks about being drunk. Annd I really like songs with an alcoholic element in them. (Cue for Paradiso Girls' "Patron Tequila" and LMFAO's "Shots" and Jamie Foxx's "Blame It (On the Alcohol)".)

And the video also shows lonely people yearning for their partners. And most people get emo because they are lonely. So this song is good and apt.

1. Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends


As my memory rests, but never forgets what I lost, wake me up when september ends

HAHA. Actually to be very honest I only know one line of this song. HOWEVER, it is very signature to the 2000 - 2010 period and PLS. I am sure every one of you (when I say "every one" I mean "those who were cool in from 2000 - 2010") have used the phrase, or thought of using the phrase at least once in your life. If you haven't then surely you are a little punk/not hip enough.

Also this "wake me up when September" line is something that well, most of us wish for sometimes. Only we say things like "I wish this was over already". Must give credit to Green Day for putting a time to it and also for expressing a general sentiment in a much more creative way.

OKAY! So if you are like me and are very removed from the emo-song world, then I hope that this list will help you when that occasional emo-cloud comes floating over your head. If you are the hardcore emo type and these songs don't suit you and you feel that you need more angsty songs about self-mutilation and death and all, then perhaps it is time to see a psychiatrist and start taking some medicine.

(Psychiatrist ah, not psychologist. Psychologists can't prescribe.)

❤ Jac.

You Might Also Like

1 comments