Friday, July 20, 2012

Every Woman Can Be Beautiful.

Greetings! So Estée Lauder is launching a new campaign which celebrates the beauty in all of us! Some of you may have already read about i...

Greetings!

So Estée Lauder is launching a new campaign which celebrates the beauty in all of us! Some of you may have already read about it. There was a pull-out section in the July issue of Her World.

But! In case you're not the kind who buys magazines more religiously than you consume water (aka me), here's the campaign in a lipstick tube.
Photobucket
It's called Every Woman Can Be Beautiful. AND IT IS TRUE. I mean just look at the campaign ad. There are 8 women. They don't look at all similar (apart from the 2 eyes, 2 ears part), but they really look beautiful in their own way. And the best part is that they're totally rocking their own looks. The rationale then, I guess, is that you can look beautiful no matter how much your features may differ from the next person.

Also please, I would like to share my most rocking (the term for this isn't "rockiest" right?) look.
Yes, this is me dressed up as a Chinese gangster. Or my interpretation of one anyhow. But I digress. I just wanted to say that I made a beautiful Chinese gangster and my point is that anyone, from Chinese Gangster, to Sparkly Vampire to you, the person who is procrastinating behind your computer screen, can look beautiful. You just have to acquire some skills to bring out the best in you. Yes, I did want to show off my tatt sleeves again.

And where can you acquire these skills, you ask? Well, in line with the "Every Woman Can Be Beautiful" campaign, Estée Lauder will be holding a week-long series of makeovers and workshops, to help you discover new tricks and find the perfect look for your lifestyle.

These makeovers and workshops will be held
from 24 - 29 July 2012 (Tuesday to Sunday),
from 10 am to 9:30 pm,
at the Paragon Atrium.

And this is what you can expect when you sign up:

Makeover
  • Choose a look that suits your lifestyle,professional hairstyling and hair service voucher by Vive Hair Salon, and a 6R makeover shot of your new look by PictureWorks.
  • Registration costs $120 (fully redeemable for Estée Lauder products at the event).
Workshop
  • Hurry and book now – seats are limited!
  • Registration costs $120 (fully redeemable for Estée Lauder products
    at the event).

If you really want to sign up for either a workshop, makeover, or both, remember to do so before July 22 to get a four-piece beauty kit and a free three-month magazine subscription. (FREE THINGS ARE ALWAYS GOOD, AND MORE FREE THINGS MUST BE BETTER). I think it's worth going for. It's the same as buying $120 worth of products and getting advice on how to apply them and create a look that is suitable for you. Anyway, you may sign up here.

ALSO, one last thing before I end this post.
I got to know about this campaign via the Estée Lauder Facebook. So do check the page out. It's really cool and has tonnes of information on their products. AND, you can WIN THINGS from the page. Trust me, liking their Facebook is really why I'm going down to Paragon for the event on the 23rd before it's open to the public (and I'm going for free).

But hey! I can bring 5 friends along and so far I've only got Nessie, Pamy and Moks. SO! If you want to go for a makeover AND a workshop for free, just tweet me @behindthebasics (which is by far the most effective way of reaching me, short of calling me, but there is no way I'm going to publish my number on my blog).

❤ Jac.
(omg it's 3 am).

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. i want to go but i am busy on monday :( sounds like fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am busy too! will there be other events? invite us for the other events okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY APPOINTMENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. MAYBE IT IS A SIGN THAT I SHOULD GO WITH YOU. BUT I LET YOU KNOW AGAIN OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never tried their makeup,the only person i know who uses their makeup is my auntie!! maybe i shall try their makeup one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omggg i really wanna go but here I am in korea ):

    promise me the next oneeeee! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. this estee lauder thing sounds like fun! will go down to take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Melissa YA PLS LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN MAKE IT OKAY?! ASAP HOR.

    @Brenda @Marilyn @Cheryl ya la pls all of you and your holidays. i will invite you guys if there are more events!

    @Anne @Victoria yeah! do go down to take a look and sign up for the makeovers and workshops :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I missed it :(

    ReplyDelete