Friday, March 16, 2012

The Shopping Ban.

hello! so as you may already know, I'M GOING TO LONDON AND FRANCE! the boyfriend and i have bought our plane tickets and everything....

hello!

so as you may already know,
I'M GOING TO LONDON AND FRANCE!
the boyfriend and i have bought our plane tickets and everything.
and so now,
WE ARE BROKE.

as a result,
i have gone on a self-declared shopping ban.
with much support from my good friend ness.


and much to the disappointment of my other good friend nessie.


as you can see,
nessie is truly upset and she is giving her upset face.
also ness we do not have many nice photos together.
we must take some more during lunch.
i have decided that my eyebrows were messy in uni and i look very young in contrast to how i look now and i refuse to post such pictures on my blog.
hahahahaha.

SO ANYHOW,
i'm not saving money JUST BECAUSE i'm going overseas you know.
i'm on a shopping ban also because, let's face it, i shop like how chain smokers smoke.
you know it's bad, you know you shouldn't, BUT OMG IT FEELS SO GOOD.
and you know,
shopping is better than smoking.
i get pretty things in return and i get to show them off whether the people i force my new things on are interested or not.

yes and i like having new things.
and i truly love shopping.
OK STOP.

let me just show you what i received the other day.


yes.
my loot from usa.
it's not even my entire loot.
just my urban decay and a portion of my f21.
(but we will go into the details later).

AND THIS WAS JUST A DAY AFTER I GOT MY BOBBI BROWN STUFF.


AREN'T THEY PRETTY?!!

okay okay anyway before i launch into my broke situation now let me flaunt my purchases.

SO PURCHASE ONE.
the naked 2 palette!
I'M EXTREMELY PROUD OF IT.



USD$50 online and SGD$80 in sephora.

and i also got the limited ed Lady Gaga lipstick from MAC.
(yes, lag i know).
only USD$15.



argh and i had already gotten stuff from NYX the other day.
from the warehouse in bukit batok/clementi.
smoochiezz!
i used to spree with her all the time but found her exchange rates got kinda steep after a while.
but her instocks and imported items are really reasonable.
when i went to the warehouse,
there was a sale and all mac brushes were going for $21.50.
i bought 2!
(on hindsight i have no idea why i bought only 2).
and nyx lipsticks are only $5!


you can visit her site here.

yes so, because i spend a lot of money shopping each month,
i have decided to cut down on this expenditure in order to have more to spend in europe instead.
so i have gone on a 3 month shopping ban.

i'm quite okay with it actually.
because my new obsession is now WINNING THINGS FOR FREE.

so you may already know that i won a maybelline goodie bag, a limited edition starbucks tumbler and a la senza gift voucher earlier this year.
no?
read about it here.

well,
following that i also won,
a $90 L'Oréal Professionnel hamper!
(actually it is a paper bag with 3 items).


(from L'Oréal Professionnel's Facebook)

i also won yet another contest with them for this BEACH FIZZ hair product.


(also from L'Oréal Professionnel's Facebook)

and also another L'Oréal Professionnel product that was in Christine's giveaway.
here's a link to Christine's blog.
she's damn awesome and has a cute dog named chloe.

anyway i won this from her blog.


EH.
IT'S DAMN AWESOME LEH.
IT WORKS.
it gives my hair more volume i promise you.
i will buy many bottles of it in london.

yes.
and also look at what i collected because i am now good at getting things for free.


okay i promise this is a temporal phase,
spurred only through my ban from shopping.

also my good friend JASON KHOR won a 3D2N trip to DARWIN, AUSTRALIA via SilkAir's facebook!
you see?!
power of winning.

okay that's all everyone now i will sleep.
GOODNIGHT!!
♥ jac

You Might Also Like

0 comments